Welcome to the Lancaster Social Network Site
Next Meeting: Wednesday 11th June 2014, 17:00-19:00, Lancaster & Morecambe College Business Centre, Morecambe Road, Lancaster,Lancashire LA1 2TY
The Lancaster Social is an event held three times a year in the Lancaster district as an open forum. Any individual, organisation or service are welcome to join us, our hope is to create a broad network for the cooperative cross-pollination of experience and ideals. Each meeting has a specific format incorporating a QA session where you can bring your digital/social media queries; a short introduction to an open tool to use by yourself or your organisation; and the chance to meet and make connections in a relaxed environment.
The meetings are held in a local venue with the emphasis on open admission and no barrier to entry, if you want to meet and be a part of the growing community, to network and maintain connections, or to bring an issue or learn a new tool, then you’re welcome.
The aims of the Lancaster Social Network are:
- Free Networking (as in there is no membership charges etc., there will be a small charge to cover venue and drinks which will be determined by the hosts);
- Open access to official organisations and member organisations – so cross-polination of networks;
- connect your business to the businesses, environments and individuals around you;
- Introductory lectures on Accessible Open Tools for Business;
- Forging relationships that are:
What will each Session look like?
Open Networking – Short Lecture – QA Session – Open Networking
- Networking for 20mins
- 20-30 mins for a lecture (10 minute lecture with time for Q&A) focussed upon open tools for open business by a guest speaker
- 20-30 mins networking (determined by previous session)
- QA Session – bring us your issues and lets see if we can all solve them together
- 10mins closing
Can I appear on this website?
Please feel free to add yourself to the Lancaster Social Network Members Pages. To do so you can sign up to the site and submit a page, you will have to email us the images you want to use or wait until your post has been approved and your user status upgraded to Editor from Contributor (the default setting). Or you can simply email us your details in the following format:
- Name: Your Name
- Company: Company Name (if needed)
- Email: email address (public)
- Email: email address (private, if different to above, will be used for administrative contact, see editing below)
- Based: Location (need not be a full address)
- Text: Some text about you or your company
- Images: Please make sure you use descriptive names (not too long) so a logo image would be ‘companyname_logo’. Images should be no more than 100dpi and no greater than 1,200px width and less than 1mb in size each. If you wish a caption for the images then use the tag Caption: (image name) Text of Caption
At this point we are investigating allowing an auto submission and upload form, though if you wish to help extend and further this site please contact us and join the team. Once your page has been created a username and password will be created and you will be allowed to edit your own page. We reserve the right to remove inappropriate content. You may only edit your own page, you may only add material related to yourself or your business that follows the general spirit of open networking. Breaches will be considered as serious and treated with a suspension and a review.