Next Meeting: Thursday 26th February 2015, 17:00-19:00, The Chapel, White Cross, Lancaster, Lancashire
The Lancaster Social is an event held three times a year in the Lancaster district as an open forum. Any individual, organisation or service are welcome to join us, our hope is to create a broad network for the cooperative cross-pollination of experience and ideals. Each meeting has a specific format incorporating a QA session where you can bring your digital/social media queries; a short introduction to an open tool to use by yourself or your organisation; and the chance to meet and make connections in a relaxed environment.
The meetings are held in a local venue with the emphasis on open admission and no barrier to entry, if you want to meet and be a part of the growing community, to network and maintain connections, or to bring an issue or learn a new tool, then you’re welcome.
The aims of the Lancaster Social Network are:
- Free Networking (as in there is no membership charges etc., there will be a small charge to cover venue and drinks which will be determined by the hosts);
- Open access to official organisations and member organisations – so cross-polination of networks;
- connect your business to the businesses, environments and individuals around you;
- Introductory lectures on Accessible Open Tools for Business;
- Forging relationships that are:
What will each Session look like?
Open Networking – Short Lecture – QA Session – Open Networking
- Networking for 20mins
- 20-30 mins for a lecture (10 minute lecture with time for Q&A) focussed upon open tools for open business by a guest speaker
- 20-30 mins networking (determined by previous session)
- QA Session – bring us your issues and lets see if we can all solve them together
- 10mins closing
Can I appear on this website?
Yes, of course you can. Visit the Join Us page to find out how.